[thelist] How to do a CSS based scrollable region?

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:47:52 CDT 2006

Fellow list members,

I have been doing a CSS re-design of a client website, and although most of
it is done, one issue has been very hard to solve.

I hope one of you can help me find a CSS solution... I know I could do it
using frames, but I refuse to do it, frames are very messy, and truly not a
clean CSS solution.

So I have this page:

http://www.trumpetcom.com/cmeyer/bio.html

If you are using Internet Explore in a PC, everything will look fine, the
text scrolls nicely, and the site works.

BUT if you use Firefox in a PC, or a Mac with Safari, it will not work at
all... the scrollbars are gone, how can I make it that scrollbar work in all
the major browsers?  Can any one suggest a CSS based solution?

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Security
Toronto, Canada

P.S. The design was proposed by the customer... so please do understand ; )