[thelist] Monitor Calibration / LCD

Gina Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Wed Jul 12 14:28:48 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Spyder2 to calibrate my LCD monitor. Has anyone
used it with good/bad results?

I got a new LCD and I am having a heck of a time calibrating it through
visual calibration software. My previous monitor, a CRT, was calibrated
visually through Adobe Gamma and seemed to be fine, but rumor has it Adobe
Gamma doesn't work so well with LCDs. I've tried a few visual calibrators
(MagicTune which came with my monitor, and WYSIWYG) and among other
problems, the grays never look neutral when I am done.

LCD's sure are different than CRT's. If I had a choice, I would probably
take this back and get a big CRT, but no one seems to sell them anymore,
unless I want to order sight unseen off the internet.

Thanks for the input,
Gina