[thelist] IE7 confuddlement

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Wed Jul 12 21:45:01 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I've installed IE7 using the instructions here:
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/test-internet-explorer-7-without.html

But the install is quite unstable, eg:
- Popups on sites don't open even when popup blocker is switched off
- Can't connect to external sites (eg beyond the firewall)
- when I change connection settings they sometimes are applied and sometimes aren't, restarting the browser doesn't seem to remember my settings
- bookmarks don't work
- about:tabs doesn't work
(is Beta 3 any improvement?)

Just wondering if I install it over the top of IE6 (i.e.: as MS would prefer me to do), will I have the ability to roll back to IE6 if I want to? IE6 is our 'standard' browser here at work, so I can't afford to hose my install of it.

Paul

Ps - is it just me or does the UI seem to lack coherence....?