[thelist] An IIS Question

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu Jul 13 15:55:31 CDT 2006

When creating a new site on my local machine, I put a simple "Hello
World" file in the root directory and called it index.htm.  I made sure
that index.htm was the first file in the IIS Documents that it looks for
as a default page.

Then, when loading the site in a browser, it came back with 403
-Forbidden.  Goofing around to trouble shoot why, I re-named the file to
test.htm, and then added test.htm to the Documents tab and moved it to
the top.  Now, when I re-load the page, it works.

Why would test.htm work and index.htm NOT work?

Casey