[thelist] ASP.NET multiple forms question

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Fri Jul 14 10:16:52 CDT 2006

<snip>But in ASP.NET everything has to post back to the page you're on,
and
you can only have one form tag anyway. However you can still put
everything on one page -- you just have to use a different approach to
separating out the server-side code. This is where user controls come in
handy.</snip>

Point taken. Let me reiterate what you said so I understand it. I can
still have "three separate forms," but with three different Submit
buttons. On the .vb of the .aspx file, I can simply have click events
for each of those buttons, then I know to look for/validate fields
within that scope.

What are the advantages to this vs. the old way in this regard? Nothing
comes to mind at the moment.

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com