[thelist] Accepting Terms before download?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:24:06 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I suppose I could do this with JavaScript, but I'm wondering if there is a
better way (and a way that will work for those with JS off). We're going to
be offering some free PDF downloads, but we want the users to accept terms
of use before they download them once they click the link. Aside from JS,
does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

I want to avoid too much page flows, so I really don't want to add extra
pages. Ideally, they see a list of links, click one - accept the notice
(best would be a nicely styled DIV instead of a popup) and then the download
would commence.

Thanks!

Tom