[thelist] [Javascript] unobtrusive scripting, rollovers and IE7, oh my!

J.D. Welch welch.jayd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 21:44:51 CDT 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 17:31 PM, Paul Bennett wrote:

> I'm working with unobtrusive scripting for the first time in order
> to get a lot of extraneous cruft out of my markup.
>
> I'm using Scott Andrew's attachEvent code (http://
> www.scottandrew.com/weblog/articles/cbs-events), which is working
> fine. It's my home-grown rollover code that is throwing the error.

i've been using a fantastically easy function, Simple Swap (http://
jehiah.com/archive/simple-swap) which works universally and with zero
configuration, for rollovers. basically the same idea, but this adds
pre-caching of the rollover image on page load, a nice touch.

btw.

-jd

J.D. Welch
graphic designer | web monkey