[thelist] whitespace around form in firefox

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Jul 19 10:17:04 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 22:40 +0800, Birdie wrote:
> I have tried every combination that the archives have suggested on removing
> whitespace using css but nothing budges this form in firefox.
> I have got it looking right in IE, netscape, on pc and safari on a mac but
> in firefox it has so much space around it that it gets hidden below the
> menus that come beneath it.
> It's the white box on the left side that says quotes and symbol look up:
> http://www.mac-sharaf.com/test/macsharaf_template.shtml

> What is the correct css to remove this space ?

The correct way is to realize it's the year 2006 and CSS has been a spec
since 2001, add a doctype, get rid of those tables for layout and and
make it validate.

The other way is to get someone besides yourself to check those td and
table background colours you have set or not set, in this case you
simply need to add a background colour to your getquote class on the
table you are having problems with, and maybe a couple other places as
well.

.getquote { background-color:#3B4D79; }

btw, amazing in this day and age to see HTML mark-up so ancient on a
supposedly new site.

--
cheers,

        Mark