[thelist] ColdFusion Query of Queries Syntax Error

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Wed Jul 19 12:22:28 CDT 2006

I remember some noise about about MX using typed data fields when CF5 was
typeless but I wasn't paying much attention at the time. I don't know the
issues or what was fixed and when.

Best advice is to apply all hotfixes and see if that does it.  If you can
upgrade to 7 then do.

If it is a type issue, there are no more hotfixes, you can't upgrade CF AND
you really need to do this than you could try changing you initial query to
break down the date into three fields:

     year, month and day

and changing your QoQ to

WHERE
year < #year(now())#  or (
        year = #year(now())# and (
            month < #month(now())# or (
                month = #month(now())# and day < #day(now())#
            )
        )
)

!!! I just made that up,  no idea if it's right.