[thelist] was rant - FAQ/resources for oft-asked questions

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:40:12 CDT 2006

On 7/21/06, Dean Mah <dean.mah at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How would you keep me from changing your perfectly valid FAQ to
> >
> > <faq author="foo" version="2" id="1">
> >   <question>What's the best cheese then?</question>
> >   <answer>h4x0rz r00l do0d</answer>
> > </faq>
>
> We would track you down and disconnect your tube to the Internet.

ROTFL - boy I needed that on this Friday. I don't know the ins adn outs of
the system, but I'm wondering if since the faq would be in an xml format, if
it could be put out there as a accessible file. Kind of like exposing an API
(or a web service?)

Then people could take it upon themselves to grab the feed/service/xml file
and build it into something useful. I imagine some people could be pretty
creative with it. You could take the best one and use it as the official
evolt.org version. Just a thought.

Tom