[thelist] Unobtrusive JavaScript & return false

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Sun Jul 23 23:40:59 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Can anyone using the YIU JS library tell at a glance why this isn't working?
By which I mean that the functions specified in the function component of the onclick handler are working (eg. functionOne) but return false isn't.

------
YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(fliplink, "click", function(){ functionOne(); return false; });
-------

The only way I seem to be able to get return false to work is like this:

-------
Fliplink.onclick = function(){ functionOne(); return false; };
-------

But then I lose the ability to use the 'this' keyword in the functions preceding the return false statement.

Any help welcome, happy to provide more info / code if required.

Paul