[thelist] Weird form error

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Thu Jul 27 08:52:53 CDT 2006

Faye

[..]

> The weird part is that this seems to be an isolated problem.
> I was able to send the form just fine but on her computer she
> keeps getting this js popup requiring her to fill the email field.

Can you post the code, please? Since this appears to be a client-side
issue, just copy the source code from the browser, rather than including
any server-side scripts. The probability of it being a logic flaw is
high if a) you're not getting any error messages, and b) the Javascript
script is reporting that the email address has not been correctly
inputted.

> The same form is repeated on 5 other pages and she says she
> can send all the others perfectly but with this one it keeps
> hanging on the email....
>
> The only thing I noticed is that the email field name was
> "email" while the validation was looking for "Email". BUT it

Javascript (if you're using Javascript) is case sensitive, so this may
be a problem.

> still doesn't explain how all the other forms work fine for
> her and this one doesn't since the fields naming was the same
> on all forms...

I would ignore the fact that the other pages are working for now. Just
because one page works does not necessarily have any bearing on whether
another page works.

> Can anybody shed a light on this?
> Unfortunately the form is in an intranet and can't be
> accessed externally for your review.

I'm sure we can collectively solve the problem if we can see some code.
By the way - what happens if you disable the client-side validation?
Does the server side validation have the same problem?

--
Chris Marsh
Software Developer
e: chris at globet.com
w: http://www.globet.com/

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.