[thelist] Trivial IIS 5.0 Question LOGON_USER

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Aug 1 20:49:33 CDT 2006

Disable "Allow Anonymous Authentication"

Cheers
Ken

--
My IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken
Tech.Ed Sydney: learn all about IIS 7.0 - See you there!

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Rob Smith
: Sent: Wednesday, 2 August 2006 4:53 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] Trivial IIS 5.0 Question LOGON_USER
:
: The directory security for an internal website is set to Anonymous
: Access AND Integrated Windows Authentication. On the first go'round to
: my web app,  request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") actually gives me
: "mydomain\robs" which is exactly what I want to happen. The page has a
: method="POST" to itself for form processing and validation. If
: everything is all clear, I am redirected to a thank you screen. This
: thank you screen has a standard link back to my start page, which again,
: then detects request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER").  Ah, but this time,
: request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") is NULL. Huh? Did I miss
: something?
:
: Rob Smith