[thelist] MySQL Batch File issues on Win2K3 server

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Wed Aug 2 15:36:03 CDT 2006

Hi all-

I'm trying to run a batch file which connects to a MySQL DB and executes some SQL to update a table. This wasn't created by me, I'm just getting my feet wet with MySQL and PHP.

The Batch file looks like:

-----------
@echo off
cls
echo Attempting to run "_Import_AuroraDB.SQL" script...
mysql -u xxx -p xxx < _import_auroradb.sql

The problem is it prompts for the password. Not a problem when running this manually from the server, but I eventually will add the execution of this Batch file as a scheduled event.

I'm a little confused as to how to get it to not prompt for the password but instead to actually use the one supplied.

I tried Googling, but I'm still too new to all of this to properly assimilate the results.

Any help, or just a link to the appropriate information, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron