[thelist] php/ajax...

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:32:53 CDT 2006

> [snip]
> will php allow a user to enter field on a form, and compute aresult
> based on
> the field, without having to reload the entire form, or will i need
> ajax...
> [/snip]
>
> You will only need JavaScript.

That statement may not be true. For example the computation might have
to involve a database or web service lookup.

> Remember, JavaScript is client-side, PHP is server-side.

That is true, but to ensure accessibility, one should comply the
other, not replace it.

There are a lot of PHP/Ajax frameworks out there:
http://ajaxpatterns.org/PHP_Ajax_Frameworks

Without knowing what you want to do, all we can give you is guesswork.

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com