[thelist] Convert HTML ascii value to string

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Tue Aug 8 12:15:49 CDT 2006

I'm back sooner then I thought.  Once I got the values being passed
correctly, for some reason the query would not work.  It wasn't until I
ran it in debug mode that I figured out why.  It turns out that instead
of searching for all categories which began with 'N' for example, I was
searching for all categories that begin with 'N'

Guess what.  There are none.

So how in the world do I convert an HTML ascii value into the string it
represents?  Google has LOTS of hints for doing the opposite.  Or, is
there a better way to display the alphabet on the screen in the first
place?

Thanks!

Casey