[thelist] CGI $DOCUMENT_URI regular expression help

Ann Adamcik daadamcik at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 12:01:44 CDT 2006

Hi,

I have an included nav.shtml file in which I am setting a class on the current menu item as follows:

        Faculty'>http://www.isu.edu/departments/masscomm/faculty.shtml">Faculty & Staff

This is fine for the top-level pages, but a few have subpages and I would like to be able to set the class on the top-level menu item if the current page is a subpage as well.  E.g. There is a "Faculty/Staff" menu item which goes to an overview page, faculty.shtml, then there are some links on that page to individual faculty/staff pages in a subdirectory.  If I'm looking at one of the individual subpages, I still want the class to get set on the "Faculty/Staff" menu item.

So, I need something like "if $DOCUMENT_URI=/departments/masscomm/faculty.shtml *or* if $DOCUMENT_URI=/deparments/masscomm/people/*.shtml".  I can't seem to figure out the correct syntax...  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
-Ann