[thelist] where should form inputs go for valid xhtml?

Rickards, Julian (NDM) julian.rickards at ndm.gov.on.ca
Thu Aug 10 13:57:44 CDT 2006

<input> tags are inline tags that must be contained within a block tag.
For example, if you have a form with a field for First Name and a field
for Last Name to appear on separate lines, such as

<label for="first_name">First Name:</label> <input type="text"
id="first_name" name="firstname" />
<label for="last_name">Last Name:</label> <input type="text"
id="last_name" name="lastname" />

...you must enclose them in either <p> or <div> tags as in

id="first_name" name="firstname" /></p>
id="last_name" name="lastname" /></p>

HTH,

Jules