[thelist] Outsourcing

Alastair Campbell ac at alastc.com
Fri Aug 11 17:30:58 CDT 2006

Rob Smith wrote:
> Not just web development. That's true for anything technology related.
> If the employee is a:
> Consultant = Good, Fast
> Salary = Cheap, Good
> Outsource = Fast, Cheap

I've had matching experiences (eastern European and Asian), luckily they
were both vicarious through our clients, as we were brought into ensure
quality, accessibility wise.

Unfortuntely things had already gone too far, and it was like sticking a
plaster over a broken bone, you could fix the surface level, but not the
structure.

Cheap and Fast probably didn't save any money, they had to re-do it.

-Alastair