[thelist] Rich Internet Applications

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:53:31 CDT 2006

Hershel,

I think that for an Intranet environment, definitely Flex is probably the
best possible rich client you could possibly use.  Just not free as Lazslo,
but truly solid.

Very few other tools offer a challenge to what Flash Flex con do now.  The
very few that could be considered are either inefficient, complex or not
worth the effort.  Java is one of those, Director is another...

Perhaps, and I say perhaps is worth it to explore Ajax
alternatives<http://ajaxpatterns.org/wiki/index.php?title=AJAXFrameworks>and
things like
Revolution <http://www.runrev.com/>... but for what you want, I would
probably stay with Flex.

Ajax is better suited for Rich applications where most of the functionality
is on the server and Revolution <http://www.runrev.com/>still feels to me
like a good cross-platform application language, not a Rich Internet
Application maker...

Best of luck,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Professional <http://trumpetdesign.ca/>