[thelist] RentACoder

Kenneth gknnth at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 04:25:12 CDT 2006

Is it my fault that I didn't evaluate properly? Snark. Is it the coder's fault that they advertise blah blah that they can do the job and deliver the deliverables then crap out?  I did evaluate and evaluate and evaluate numerous coders and they were generally all the same. What? I'm a stupid moran because I can't cystal ball gaze? And no. You don't deserve $100 an hour. That's your problem. Your opinion of yourself.

mac jordan <mac.jordan at gmail.com> wrote:  On 8/17/06, Kenneth wrote:

> I happened to come across some old threads (2003) on this list about
> RentACoder. I don't have time to look at every single thread but after a
> brief look it appears that most of the coders were complaining loudly and
> very upset that coders in India were pricing them out of the market. Tsk.
> Tsk. Tsk.

nice rant. Now then - is it our fault that you picked a shop that couldn't
do what you want? How did you select them, evaluate them?

we're entitled to (and get) our approx $100 per hour because we have years
of business experience, because we can tell clients when their ideas won't
work - and suggest new ideas that will, because we turn out good quality
code on time and on budget.

and we're no different to hundreds - probably thousands - of development
companies; if you engaged the wrong one(s), then your selection process is
flawed.

--
mac jordan
home: www.kestrel.org

* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !