[thelist] RantACoder

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:42:26 CDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/17/06, Eduardo Kienetz <eduardok at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't see any problem in doing that. I agree with Kenneth, in essence.
> > Programmers are no different all around, it's just a matter of finding
> > the formula to get the best one possible, maybe not paying $300 ...
> > but why not $600... $1.500?
>
> Who's a programmer? I don't think there are many "programmers" on this
> list. If you're just looking for people who know syntax, sure. But
> valuable software developers (vs. programmers) have system
> architecture skills and can marry the technology to the business. That
> kind of skill costs money (a lot).

Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker :-)
But, yes, developer is what I meant if you wanna be so picky.
Understand this: it doesn't matter if it's a programmer, a developer,
a dentist, etc. Every country has its great professionals. Again, it
is a matter of finding them.

It seems you're trying to make a point that you can't find
>developers< anywhere besides USA.
If you wanna say it is really hard to find such professionals, well,
then it's a completely different point.

Regards,

--
Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz