[thelist] Search within these results?

jason.handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 11:14:39 CDT 2006

Hi Casey,

> What would you do?

The problem with using a memory-resident table on a website is that it's
your server memory that it's resident in! and it's not always obvious
when it's OK to throw the table away again.

If a user comes to the site, does a search, then leaves straight away,
how long do you wait before you throw away the memory resident table?

I think in your situation I'd be more likely to go for something like
approach 2: build a more complex query and hit the database again.

HTH

Jason