[thelist] PHP require_once links not working?

Joe Flintham list at menticulture.com
Fri Aug 18 10:18:00 CDT 2006

Pringle, Ron wrote:

>> Put this error reporting code at the top of your file:
>>
>> error_reporting(E_ALL);
>>
>> The other posts are most likely correct in that it's a path issue:
>> include, require, require_once etc. all are dependent on one
>> another in
>> some sort of way and everyone runs into this problem at some point in
>> time.
>>

> I also tried adding the error reporting line and it still gives me a
> blank page with no errors reported. The PHP code at the top of the page
> now looks like:
>
> <?php
>
> error_reporting(E_ALL);
>
> require_once('validation/_includes/classes/validation/ValidationSet.php'
> );
>
> ?>

Hi Ron

Try using ini_set to switch on errors:

ini_set("display_errors", true);

in terms of the path, if this '_includes/classes/etc' works, but
'validation/_includes/classes/etc' doesn't, try:

require_once('../validation/includes/classes/etc/validation/VaidationSet.php');

Paul's suggestion of using the document root variable for all includes
is really handy too.

hth

joe