[thelist] Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth the time and effort?

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:05:30 CDT 2006

Folks,

I have been reading for a while about AJAX, and would like now to
actually try working with one real frameworks out there, a free open
source one, since this is for learning purposes first and foremost,
and eventually for client work.

Here is an extensive list of AJAX frameworks:

http://ajaxpatterns.org/Javascript_Multipurpose_Frameworks

And these do stand out from the crowd:

Yahoo UI Library
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

Dojo  (is it really free open source, the license is unusual)
http://dojotoolkit.org/

Scriptacoulous
http://script.aculo.us/

Any advice, gotchas, recommendations would be very much appreciated.

I plan to use this first to learn, but eventually for clients
developing rich web applications.

Best Regards,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Professional