[thelist] Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth the time and effort?

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:31:21 CDT 2006

> Yahoo UI Library
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

If I was just doing ajax dev for myself, or a nicely contained
end-point kind of site or application, I would choose Yui.

> Dojo  (is it really free open source, the license is unusual)
> http://dojotoolkit.org/

.. but I'm not, so I really need the extra extensibility, package
system and overall commitment I get from Dojo that it will take me as
far as I need to go, and play nice with others. Along the way I get
some nice goodies like the superb event system, lotsa widgets,
client-side storage api, browser backbutton / undo support,
environment agnostic codebase (doesnt assume a browser - nice for unit
tests and other automation) etc.
Dojo is very much commercial-friendly open source btw.

Sam Foster