[thelist] IEs 4 Linux

Scott Wehrenberg swehren at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:59:25 CDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Hershel Robinson <hershel at galleryrobinson.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with this package? The reviews seem to
> indicate that it works. :)

I haven't used that particular package, but I have used:

http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

And it has worked well for me. There will of course be some
inconsistencies between using IE under Wine and natively under
Windows, but it does give you a very good idea if there are any
general problems with your design.

Another alternative on linux is VMWare. The player is free, and it is
relatively easy to create you own windows image to run under it. Qemu
and Xen will also achieve the same result I believe, but I haven't
taken the time to set up either of them.