[thelist] what percentage uses webmail?

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Wed Aug 23 14:54:47 CDT 2006

> Doesn't gmail (and yahoo?) have options (DLL's perhaps?) that you
> can set the webmail to open in a new window when a mailto link is
> cliked?

Good for geeks, if it works, but...

I took the OP to be about how viable it is for a site to rely on
mailto links.  In which case I suspect the question is more about
throwing curves that unintelligible to non-geeks, and less about
geek tricks and work-arounds.

In this day and age, even amaturish hobby web sites often have a
web-form-based email.  A bank that doesn't do as well surprises me.