[thelist] Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth thetimeand effort?

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:41:51 CDT 2006

Guys,

It was recently brought to my attention by the Ruby on Rails (RoR)
developers that if you use RoR you get AJAX capability BUILT-IN and you have
to either do little or next to nothing to make it work.

They have built in APIs to work using Scriptaculous and Prototype, and it
does look almost as easy as pie!  One more reason to use this framework.  I
am glad I am actually migrating towards it.

Here is a good tutorial on AJAX using RoR:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rails_ajax.html

And here are the APIs:

http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionView/Helpers/ScriptaculousHelper.html

http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionView/Helpers/PrototypeHelper.html