[thelist] Submit Form to Java Class File

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:55:29 CDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Minh Lee Goon <evolt at goonies.info> wrote:
> ... the authentication
> requires that the user name and password be submitted to a Java .class
> file.
> ... how do I submit a form to the class file? Do I just put
> the file in the action attribute?

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: is this actually a servlet?  If so you need a servlet
container (e.g. Tomcat). If it's *not* a servlet, you might be able to
hack up some CGI program to pass form data to it.

If the file name is Foo.class, open a command prompt, go to the
directory where the file is and type `java Foo`. Assuming you have
a JDK/JRE installed, of course :-)

If you get a result like
  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Foo
then it's not intended to run standalone, and /may/ be a servlet.

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com