[thelist] <button> element browser support (WAS: input type="image" vs. input type="button")

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Thu Aug 31 07:31:07 CDT 2006

> Does it still need to be <input type="submit">?  I guess it does if
> you're still supporting HTML 3.2 browsers (Browsers from 1997).  If
> not, <button type="submit"> is more versatile.  You wrap your button
> element around your image and style accordingly.

I've been wondering about this element - why aren't more people using
it? Is it just an awareness issue? Or is it actually a significant
enough browser support issue that developers purposely avoid using it?
My google skills failed me in searching for more information about this.
Can anyone point me to more specific information about this?

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer