[thelist] PHP HTTP Fetch and IE VBScript

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Aug 31 13:34:15 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 20:42 +0200, Hershel Robinson wrote:
> A programmer on my team reported first thusly:
>
> ====
> Some part of the day was also spent in researching creating an OO
> wrapper for cURL which we have deemed as not worth the effort and
> instead we will use one of the Open Source HTTP client classes.
> ====
>
> This system is being coded in CakePHP and must be strictly OO (PHP5).
>
> So then he said:
>
> ====
> - Worked on getting CSV file from bacons.com using httpClient library.
> - The step 4 of login page contains javascript and vbscript code which
> runs only if page accesses from web browser (vbscript runs only in
> Internet Explorer). So we cannot continue further.
> ====
>
> This is all the information I have thus far on this. Before I am forced
> to delve into the details of this problem myself, does anyone have a
> solution or advice for this situation? bacons.com is indeed the third
> party site. We are trying to automate the data fetching process from
> that site.

Seems like I must be missing something in the translation, (nothing new
for me!), but classes have been around for cURL for a while, albeit
maybe your programmer is having a tough time finding the exact right one
that he/she likes...have never dived into vbscript myself but that part
of the post doesn't sound exactly correct either...

Anyhoo, sorry for the additional noise on the list if I'm totally of the
mark here...

Quick Google brought this up from a site that I've grabbed other code
from that worked well, as always ymmv etc.:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1988.html

Will that work?

--
cheers,