[thelist] beefing up site security

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Tue Sep 5 10:32:44 CDT 2006

> I'm looking to beef up the security of a site I work on that seems to be
> the target of hacking attempts more and more often lately.
> <snip>

One further question - when I detect a hacking attempt, what should I
do? Redirect them to the site's homepage? Forward the would-be hacker to
a non-existent location? Return a 404 header or some other header? I'm
pretty sure nothing I do will discourage them from returning and trying
again, but I'd like to know what the usual practice is in cases like this.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer