[thelist] beefing up site security

Alan Lloyd [www-ss.com] alan at www-ss.com
Tue Sep 5 16:58:38 CDT 2006

Sarah Adams wrote:

>> Apart from that it is really down to your hosting provider to make sure
>> the server is secure.  Mod-Security might help if you are using php.
>> Again that is down to the server admin.
>
> I've already notified them so they can take whatever steps necessary
> (but I assume/hope they already have).

Most hacking attempts are through known exploits of common systems. I
tend to agree that based on your first post you have 'covered the usual
suspects'.

Apart from what you have done it might be a good idea to find out what
your hosts have put in place on the server. It can be a pain when your
site goes down because your host forgot to update something. Don't hope,
check! :)

--

Alan
Tor-Bay Computer Services