[thelist] web architecture work proposal

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:01:03 CDT 2006

John,

Having done a few proposals... I advice to keep it simple and do a search in
google for:

RFP or
Request for Proposal

It's funny because the appropriate name should be just "Web Proposal" or
"Service Quote" or something closer to what the document is, instead it is
called RFP or RFQ (request for quotation)

I did check Google, yes there are a few... how about 10 million links for
web RFP?

http://www.google.com/search?q=web+rfp&hl=en&hs=oaQ&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=20&sa=N

On the CMS is a never ending story, but unless you are a Python expert, I
would stay away from Plone... choose a CMS that uses an underlying language
that you know welll... whatever it is: PHP, Java, PERL or Python.... know
that one first, then select which CMS would make things happen.

Best of luck!

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Developer / IT Security
Toronto, Canada