[thelist] Norton Internet Security

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 07:46:18 CDT 2006

Hope this isn't OT.

Im an OSX user and my girlfriend is running XP with norton internet security.

She's been having difficulty with virsus, spybots etc and parental
control so I had a go being techy and after about 3 hours of running
various search and destroy programs it seemed to be setup all fine,
but then her son couldn't use hotmail or gmail. I tried various
parental control settings to get it to work but no luck.

I used to run Norton when using OS9 and it seemed to cause more
problems than it solved.

Has anyone used it or could recommend any other software for antivirus
and parental control?

ben
--
Ben Morrison