[thelist] US Judge rules that ADA applies to websites

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:38:31 CDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:

> The productivity gain is much less, and my bill rate is the same. It's
> my issue, because I have to justify the extra hours to the client.

In this case, I would have presented the client with the *old* way of
doing things, and then said that I had a method that would drastically
decrease their data entry time. Of course, they would have gone for
the Ajax way. Then you would have had to explain the 508-compliance
issue. Then they would have gone for the old way. Most likely.

I guess what I'm getting at is, force the client to make the decision.
Educate them, but in the end, let them make the call.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications