[thelist] US Judge rules that ADA applies to websites

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Sep 12 15:49:02 CDT 2006

alan herrell - the head lemur, (and accessibility guy extraordinare),
noted:

>>Can you also be absolutely sure that your client  has not hired
somebody with
>>a challenge, under the anti-discrimination and ADA statutes?
>>Putting you square in the cross hairs.

Hi Alan,

An excellent and all too often, IMO, ignored point!

I was building some eXtranet applications a while back to allow very
large
customer to track the orders (and shipments) they place with us.  I was
terrified of the potential liability should one of those customers
employ
a alternatively-enabled person who might have trouble accessing _my_
site.

Whew!  I'm still grateful to the folks here who helped me improve the
accessibility of that effort.

RonL.