[thelist] Chinese Cyber Wall

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Tue Sep 12 17:58:29 CDT 2006

This problem occurred locally, with an educational site whose target
market was the PRC........

The authorities tend to block ISP's rather than individual sites, and the
local case was resolved by contacting the ISP, who actually were
aware of the problem and had established another host which was
not blocked, so they simply shifted the site to that host........