[thelist] UFO fails with latest flash version

Olivier Percebois-Garve percebois at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:15:23 CDT 2006

thanks for you answers guys
I know about SWFObjects, but I thought it was pretty much equivalent to UFO.
I'll need to get the hand on our comp that are experiencing the bug (Its
seem only to occur on the very last versions).

I'm a fresh employee, and as integrator I implemented UFO on a few sites
since July, and we noticed the issue last week,
reported by a client and experienced by our flasher that was just hired,
and wo installed on his computer the latest flash.

We solve the issue by coming back to the ieupdate.js script, coz our
initial concern was that "thick border" around flash applets,
that we needed to remove.

I really prefer to use something like  SWFobject or UFO, because of the
cleaner, XHTML compliant markup,
but I need to understand the issue, else I gonna  to run into trouble if
my flash integration risks to break at any update of flash...

I was quite surprise I could not found any information on this, don't
feel the flash guys kinda concerned by such question ?