[thelist] JavaScript/DOM columns solutions/ideas?

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:09:47 CDT 2006

the IHT site used to do this, not sure if it still does - they seem to
mix it up fairly often:

http://www.iht.com/

Not saying that makes it any easier or advisable. It could be done,
but you'd want to be sure that was what they really wanted. It would
suck to develop it and then have them change their mind when they saw
it in action :)
It would be a lot easier if the items were of a known height. If you
have to account for text wrapping and variable font-sizes then you
have to render everything off-screen, or using visibility: hidden,
measure it and start popping items off the stack until it fits.

Sam