[thelist] Reading a PDF file with PHP?

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Mon Sep 18 08:10:39 CDT 2006

>From: "Max Schwanekamp" <lists at neptunewebworks.com>
>
>> From: Brooking, John
>> I've Googled and also looked at php.net several times, and have not
>> found any good answers to the questions "Can I read a PDF file with
>> PHP?" and "Why can't I find any examples of reading a PDF?"
>
>No time for a proper reply, but I did recall that I had this among my
>bookmarks:
>http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/
>It's open source, so you ought to be able to glean some info from that.
>
>Googling for pdf2html yields a number of similar tools, shareware etc.
>
>HTH!

Thanks, Max, that does help! I wasn't thinking in terms of converting to
HTML and parsing that (or better, XML), therefore did not Google for it,
but in hindsight that makes perfect sense. I should be able to take it
from here.

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.