[thelist] Reading a PDF file with PHP?

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Mon Sep 18 16:49:44 CDT 2006

John Dowdell wrote:
> I'm guessing you might be wanting to extract and manipulate data from
> parts of a PDF file, but we readers can't tell whether you're limiting
> yourself to simple brochureware documents, documents with simple forms,
> documents with forms that have transferrable data, documents with a
> server component, documents without reading permissions, etc. Hard to
> point to useful resources in such a situation.

Indeed.  I think the OP is going to have to use one of the pdf2ascii
conversion scripts/softwares to read the document.  I think that's what
he's after here, but more info would help narrow this down some.

These might help:
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse.html/package/702.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdftohtml/
commercial:  http://www.activepdf.com/