[thelist] Easy redirect method within site

Jim Callender kjcallender at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 04:00:17 CDT 2006

 Hi list,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to configure a redirect?

--------

Ive got a URL: www.website.com/about/about.htm

and I want to have it redirect to the /about.htm when the address is just

www.website.com/about/

I realise I can do this if i just rename it to index.htm, but i prefer to
have the file name as a keyword for SEO purposes.

--------

Whats the easiest way to do this? FYI, most pages on the site are HTML.

thanks in advance

--

Regards,

Jim Callender
Freelance Web Developer

w. www.jayonline.co.uk
e. info at jayonline.co.uk
h. +44 (0) 1273 818 546
m. +44 (0) 7888 701 588

The information in this email is confidential.
Please do not pass it to third parties unless
we give you permission. If you received it in
error, please let us know, and delete it.