[thelist] Downgrade Apache

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Wed Sep 20 10:22:07 CDT 2006

I have a dedicated CentOS (basically RedHat) server with:

- PHP 5.1.5
- Apache 2.2.3
- MySQL 5.0.14-standard

and now the sys admin says that SVN won't work because:

====
It looks like mod_dav_svn has yet to be released for the latest Apache
2.2.3 tree
====

So I asked him about downgrading Apache, as we are not using any
features specific to this version AFAIK. He said:

====
The most compatiable version would be 2.0.53.
====

Any reason anyone can suggest NOT to downgrade? The server itself is
presently ONLY for development and, as mentioned, I am not aware of any
Apache 2.2 features we are using.

Thanks.

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/