[thelist] Javascript and window size

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Sep 20 16:43:41 CDT 2006

I have some pages where the User clicks on a thumbnail and a popup
appears with a larger image in it.

I try to specify the size of the popup as the dimensions of the image
plus (for example) 30 pixels.  My problem is that Internet Explorer,
Firefox, and Opera all seem to interpret these numbers differently,
especially with height.

IE is much shorter than the others.  I think it's including its own
toolbar and such in the height.  Opera is just a bit shorter than Opera.

Does anyone have a good way of dealing with the differing
interpretations of height in different browsers?  I hate the thought
of resorting to browser sniffing, but I can't think of how else to
approach this!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen Rider