[thelist] FF 1.0 download?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Sep 25 17:39:07 CDT 2006

> > I want to run FF 1.0 for testing purposes.  Can anyone provide a
> > link to it?  (browsers.evolt.org only goes to FF 0.7).
>
> They're all here:
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

Thanks for the link Felix.  For anyone else going down this road, you should
know that it ain't easy to run FF 1.0 and 1.5 together.  The best solution I
found (without spending half the day messing with it) is PortableFirefox[0],
who offer nice portable (i.e. truly "standalone") versions of FF 1.0, 1.5
and even 2.0beta.  A couple others have given some ideas[1,2] centering on
the -Profilemanager command line flag, which I tried and it works fine,
though you either have the profile manager coming up every time you start FF
or you much about with batch/shell scripts.  IMHO PortableFirefox is just
easier.  FWIW!

[0] http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
[1] http://jeroencoumans.nl/journal/multiple-firefox-versions
[2] http://blog.dojotoolkit.org/2005/12/01/  (2nd link)