[thelist] FF 1.0 download?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Sep 25 17:53:43 CDT 2006

On 06/09/25 15:39 (GMT-0700) Max Schwanekamp apparently typed:

>> > I want to run FF 1.0 for testing purposes.  Can anyone provide a
>> > link to it?  (browsers.evolt.org only goes to FF 0.7).

>> They're all here:
>> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

> Thanks for the link Felix.  For anyone else going down this road, you should
> know that it ain't easy to run FF 1.0 and 1.5 together.  The best solution I
> found (without spending half the day messing with it) is PortableFirefox[0],
> who offer nice portable (i.e. truly "standalone") versions of FF 1.0, 1.5
> and even 2.0beta.  A couple others have given some ideas[1,2] centering on
> the -Profilemanager command line flag, which I tried and it works fine,
> though you either have the profile manager coming up every time you start FF
> or you much about with batch/shell scripts.  IMHO PortableFirefox is just
> easier.  FWIW!

The mozilla developers have no problem running as many firefoxes,
seamonkeys and thunderbirds at once as they want. Environment variables
like MOZ_NO_REMOTE and command line switches like -P someprofilename in
BAT or script files get the job done efficiently, without extensions or
add-ons. The howtos are in the mozilla developer doc web pages somewhere.
--
"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409