[thelist] font inconsistencies in different image apps

Nadeem Hosenbokus nadeem at multigraphics.biz
Tue Sep 26 13:01:24 CDT 2006

Hi,

That's an interesting problem you have there. I'll have to check it out
sometime.

I've always use Photoshop myself. I started using it many, many years ago
because it was the industry standard. As far as I can see it still is the
standard app for graphics. But thinking long-term, as Adobe get bigger and
more 'powerful' on the market, other apps would become more popular - like
GIMP.

At this time though, in my opinion, Adobe still leads the market on graphics
and I'm talking about Photoshop, Illustrator and now Fireworks and Freehand
(they do now belong to Adobe right?).

How do you get around the problem? Can you try a stroke on the lighter font
to make it appear bold? I guess it depends on the size of the text. If
you're using the font on a large pt (like 18+) then you could use a stroke.

Stroke on the inside to lightened the font, and on the outside to make it
bold.

Just a quick note though: I'm still using Photoshop CS but apparently CS2
has better font capabilities.

Nadeem