[thelist] Z-index and flash

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Sep 28 15:05:53 CDT 2006

This is a new design for a school[1]:

    http://parkdayschool.schoolwires.com/parkdayschool/site/default.asp

I can't make much sense of the markup, but the one main issue I have
is with the drop down menus on the top bar.  The drop-down menus on my
machine (linux/Firefox 1.5) are hidden by (below) the flash.

Do others see the same thing?  Is there anything special required to
set the z-index for Flash?  I remember in the past having some trouble
getting z-index to work with flash across different browsers.

Those rotating images in the flash file is something like 350K bytes --
seems like a large download just to display a few images.  Are there
any Javascript dissolves that would be a better choice?

Site doesn't work in lynx, that's for sure.  Not accessible at all.

I have plenty of other issues with the site, starting with validation
and broken css.  But that's another issue.

[1] No, I am *not* involved in building this site, but I will advise
those that are paying for it.  ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org